Sunday, January 8, 2012

My 2012 NYC Dining Challenge: Eat @NY Magazine's Top 101 Restaurants

It is an impossible undertaking, but I have created a challenge for myself. How many restaurants on New York Magazine's list of the top 101 in NY can I dine at this year while watching the budget and calories? To make it easier on myself, I will include any visit to the top 101, whether it is for brunch, lunch or dinner. Restaurant week is included, too. This is a cool catalyst to revisit the restaurants on the list that I have dined at in the past.
I started on this project today with brunch at Wallse in the West Village. Chef Kurt Gutenbrunner's gem of an Austrian restaurant was perfect on a Sunday afternoon. I ordered the spatzle, braised rabbit and wild mushroom entree ($14) and iced tea. Superb! Total with tax (tip not included) was $21. Enjoyed the Julian Schnabel paintings, too.
Next on the list will be Danji, Boulud Sud, Lincoln.

No comments:

Post a Comment