Tuesday, January 24, 2012

NYC Dining Challenge Update: Boulud Sud

I had late lunch yesterday at Boulud Sud, which specializes in Mediterranean cuisine from Chef Daniel Boulud. It's located around the corner from Epicerie Boulud and Bar Boulud on Manhattan's Upper West Side. Since it was Restaurant Week, I took advantage of the 3-course menu for $24.07. The baby squid appetizer was superb, marmitako albacore tuna cooked medium rare was on the mark and the grapefruit coupe dessert was the perfect way to finish the meal. The service, however, needs some polishing. I was completely ignored until I asked to see a menu. During the meal, I had to ask for another iced tea and more bread. I paid the bill in cash and I never received any change. The waitress disappeared and I couldn't wait any longer and so I left the table. As I was putting my coat on, my server motioned to me that she had change and by then I was on my way out the door. Furthermore, the hostess didn't say goodbye or smile as I left. Boulud Sud needs to raise the level of its service if it wants to seriously compete in this city.

Next up in my 2012 Dining Challenge: Junoon, Lincoln.

Boulud Sud
http://www.danielnyc.com/boulud_sud.html

No comments:

Post a Comment