Monday, December 12, 2011

Aspen Dining: L'Hostaria Ristorante

Last week, I spent a few days in Aspen and had dinner at a fun Italian restaurant called L’Hostaria Ristorante. It had been recommended to me by my hotel and it was the perfect spot. I sat at the bar rather than in the dining room since I was dining alone and wanted a relaxed atmosphere. I had the option of ordering from the bar menu or the dining room menu. I selected the Tagliatelle ai Gamberi e Pomodoro, homemade fettuccine with sautéed shrimp in a light tomato sauce, from the bar menu and it was superb. I would not recommend the Chianti by the glass, but the Pinot Noir was good. I had an interesting chat with some Aspenites who were seated next to me while a cool three-piece band played in the background. If you go, be sure to arrive by 7 p.m. because it’s very popular with locals and tourists and sit in the bar area if you want a lively, but loud, scene.

L’Hostaria Ristorante
620 E. Hyman Ave.
Aspen, CO 81611
970-925-9022
Live music every Tuesday night

No comments:

Post a Comment